Rock & Roll

Rock & Roll

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Two Wheels...

Most of our years have flown away
That's, how it played out...in present day
And...We go on alone, with our thoughts
 So...I'll spend my days, on the two wheels, I bought

The questions on what wrong 
are many sided
I've got no answers
There were none... provided

Life, as well, became very heavy, 
When I was small,
A dark cloud that rained, surrounded us all
The cool breeze, rustling trees
Helped my escape, from older one's 
Who couldn't get along

 Back then, I could get on those two wheels and feel the wind
where ever I'd go
And if would rain on me... when I got home
 I'd get on that Schwinn and just go and go

Now the same kind of feeling
Has followed me again
We hold our ground
I stand alone and pretend

No talking, no feeling
I seem to be with strangers 
My fading eyes, have become more of a danger

I wish I could wave my hand 
and help them grin
but I ride these two wheels
 Crush... this inner sorrow... like it was tin


It's a mystery to me
Why this...has become, once again
If  I could write some words
For them, that wouldn't offend

I would say... find two wheels... and take a ride
Feel the breeze 
write a song with the feeling, inside

Sail on that bike
and get away
Follow those clouds
and remember those days

When we were like a family
Smiling and grinning
Not crushing the wishes of the fallen
 for the sake of their own winning

So the feeling of when I was young... has become again
a family broken ..I reflect and pretend
 so I get on that bike, for a lot miles
Chase the breeze and look for smiles

I'm lucky
 I can get away

On my two wheels
Just like back in the day











No comments:

Post a Comment