Rock & Roll

Rock & Roll

Saturday, June 21, 2014

When I Wake

                                                                     

            I wake to dryness, haze and glare    
            A blur , a burn, a stinging, un-focus in my throbbing eyes
             
            Do I give thanks?
            Is this happening to me?

            everything is dim....too hard to see

           I strain, eye strain......my strain
           what is really wrong?

         My cornea has slipped...it's not very strong

         doing lasik...is it really doing me in?

         thank god ...if there is
         for the honesty of some

         because others  like you, will rob me blind
         and then, tell  a story, that sells well

         but if i can stand 
         I try to wash away this feeling

         then i kneel down to put in my plastic eyes

         that helps any pain
       Please
       make me see a whole world
      make me feel whole

         if you had been sure with your laser
         I would still have my other life...I left,
         when you took my eyes from me

         I forgive, but, never forget

         the feeling is strong and never goes away
      the images faint in the morning light

        I'm closing my eyes that have been ruined

        everything goes black
        which is more peaceful
        than the blur I was left


          


No comments:

Post a Comment